Where do you plug in the UPS cable (ECCF) IBM PN 00FV631 in an 8286-41A or an 8286-42A?
r***@public.gmane.org
2014-10-23 18:27:23 UTC
I'm looking all over
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/8247-22L/p8had/p8had_ups.htm
for where to plug this darn cable and I can't find it.

What code spot do I use from Figure 5 or 6 of
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/8247-22L/p8ecs/p8ecs_82x_84x_loccodes.htm
I'm guessing either P1-C1-T2 or P1-C1-T3 as they are both USB 2.0,

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com
r***@public.gmane.org
2014-10-23 18:38:25 UTC
Yep, that works
System utility power failed at 10/23/14 14:34:10.
System utility power restored at 10/23/14 14:34:25.

And the only problem was the darn lan cable going from the serial to lan
cable converter from the UPS to the lan cable to serial converter on the
distribution device (so multiple platforms can be notified) is missing the
locking tab on the rj45 jack, so it fell out.

Unlike the Power 6 you didn't have to IPL the whole stinking frame just to
plug in this cable. Heck, I didn't even power off any lpar.

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: rob-***@public.gmane.org
To: midrange-l-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org
Date: 10/23/2014 02:27 PM
Subject: Where do you plug in the UPS cable (ECCF) IBM PN 00FV631
in an 8286-41A or an 8286-42A?
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>

I'm looking all over
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/8247-22L/p8had/p8had_ups.htm

for where to plug this darn cable and I can't find it.

What code spot do I use from Figure 5 or 6 of
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/api/content/8247-22L/p8ecs/p8ecs_82x_84x_loccodes.htm

I'm guessing either P1-C1-T2 or P1-C1-T3 as they are both USB 2.0,

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com
list
r***@public.gmane.org
2014-10-23 19:09:43 UTC
What you will NOT see is:
Message Sev Text
CPI0961 80 Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) no longer attached.
CPI0962 80 Uninterruptible power supply (UPS) now attached.

I tried searching ibm.com for CPI0961 and there was an interesting message
about some ancient level of firmware that would generate that message 6
hours after an IPL.

Checked both QSYSOPR and DSPLOG.

I replaced that LAN cable.

If I had had the CPI096* messages I might have been notified that the
crappy cable kept coming unplugged.

Rob Berendt
Group Dekko
Dept 1600