ASMI Factory Configuration scrolling through control panel numbers
Ted Breedon
2014-10-17 16:34:17 UTC
I'm returning a leased IBM Power7 8202-E4C. I just performed a factory configuration reset - I choose reset all settings. The front control panel is scrolling through numbers 1 to 20 and I'm positive none of the buttons are stuck. The power led is completely off - not blinking, unit has both power supplies active and I can't access or ping the ASMI IP address I had set.

Is this normal behavior? How long is the factory configuration process estimated to take?
Roberto José Etcheverry Romero
2014-10-17 17:09:17 UTC
I've never seen that sequence in the panel but a full reset from the ASMI
includes a full IPL to standby and then a FSP restart. leave it be and
worry if more than 20 minutes go by.

Best Regards,