apology for late replys
Gary Thompson
2014-10-23 15:20:47 UTC
My apologies for my late and confusing replies, our e-mail is handled by MS 360 which is generally very good.
This am there seems to have been about an hour's delay around 6am MST somewhere in 'the cloud'.
Vernon Hamberg
2014-10-23 16:37:58 UTC
seems we are moving to Exchange in the cloud - I'm not excited at the
prospect - but it's free, right? Free is always good, right? NOT!!!
Gary Thompson
2014-10-23 16:49:11 UTC
FWIW, I've generally liked my experience.
Also purchased a personal copy of MS Office, but, so far, have not used the free storage offered,
but I can imagine how cloud storage could be very useful (hackers must love this!).
Will be interested to hear how your move to Exchange works Vern - I like hearing from fellow skeptics . . .

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.
Vernon Hamberg
2014-10-23 17:27:46 UTC
Gary

You mention MS Office - is that also the cloud version, Office 365 or
whatever?

I really dislike parts of that - the director of the community band I'm
in has it and uses Publisher in there to make posters. Well, the only
format he can export to is PDF - the full version will go to any number
of formats, and I need JPEGs to put on our website.

All I can see is that MS is taking functionality away when they put up
these cloud offerings - disgusting!! And more work for me that I don't
think I should need to do.

LOL - enough somewhat OT!

I'll let you know how things go - right now, my boss says we need to be
sure to backup our inboxes - sigh!! There will be a conversion of a
whole boatload of mailboxes from on-premise to cloud. By boatload I mean
10s of 1000s.

Regards
Vern
2014-10-23 18:02:18 UTC
I chose GMail as my business service. Google Docs/Drive is VERY nice (and
Gmail hasn't let me down yet). :)

But, a lot of my customers are choosing Office 365 over google because they
are more comfortable with the MS products.

I was leery at first, but they work great. Even my wife, a school teacher,
when she finally got over the learning curve of using Google Docs/Drive
over MS Office can't say enough of how much she likes it now. You'll never
lose another document with their autosave feature. :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com
Jeff Crosby
2014-10-23 18:07:31 UTC
I'm with Brad on gmail and Google Docs/Drive. We went to Google Apps for
Business in 2009 and love it.

I've never used Office 365 so I cannot compare the 2.
Post by Vernon Hamberg
Post by Gary Thompson
Post by Gary Thompson
MS 360 which is generally very good.
This am there seems to have been about an hour's delay around 6am MST
somewhere in 'the cloud'.
.
Post by Vernon Hamberg
list
Post by Vernon Hamberg
Jeff Crosby
VP Information Systems
UniPro FoodService/Dilgard
P.O. Box 13369
Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369
260-422-7531
www.dilgardfoods.com

company. Unless I say so.
Gary Thompson
2014-10-23 18:02:38 UTC
Yes, or I should say it looks like all new Office versions include some cloud features like a gig or so of storage . . .
Agreed, MS 365 must make a lot of people happy, else Google will.

Nathan Andelin
2014-10-23 16:52:49 UTC
Post by Vernon Hamberg
Free is always good, right? NOT!!!
In today's world, free normally means "we will spy on you", "we will
profile you", and "we will customize your user experience (solicit from you
constantly)".

Nathan.
Henrik Rützou
2014-10-23 17:02:42 UTC
Nathan

Is that the reason that Jennifer Lopez always pups up for a private talk
where ever I go
on the internet ;-)
Post by Nathan Andelin
Post by Vernon Hamberg
Free is always good, right? NOT!!!
In today's world, free normally means "we will spy on you", "we will
profile you", and "we will customize your user experience (solicit from you
constantly)".
Nathan.
Regards,
Henrik Rützou

http://powerEXT.com <http://powerext.com/>
at http://ar
John Yeung
2014-10-23 16:52:10 UTC
Post by Gary Thompson
My apologies for my late and confusing replies, our e-mail is
handled by MS 360 which is generally very good.
I find that it doesn't matter too much who your e-mail provider is;
there are always bound to be propagation delays, and these delays are
not uniform. Countless threads in these midrange lists contain
respondent apparently hasn't received (or at least hasn't taken into
account!) any of the previous messages in the thread. So to be
perfectly honest, I didn't even realize your replies have been
particularly late or confusing.

John Y.
Gary Thompson
2014-10-23 16:55:05 UTC
John,
Good point, I guess it's all about being 'e-mail savvy'